Prison Ministry India, Pune is organising a Half Marathon in Pune on 13th January 2019. This particular Half-Marathon comes with a unique cause of working towards rehabilitation of prisoners.
Highlights of the event:
- This will be the first time that Pune will be running for this cause.
- 5000+ runners are expected to take part.
- More than 100 organisations (NGOs, Education Institutes, Runners Clubs etc.) already interested in participating.
- Visibility among more than 20,00,000 people.
- This is going to be an annual event and will set the precedence for the next year.
This marathon is in association with blueBrigade, which is a running club comprising of professional runners with an expertise in conducting marathons.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Please choose the event category carefully.Confirmed registrations are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified. Provide us with a secure email ID/mobile number that can be accessed regularly, since this will be our primary means of communication during the run up to the event.
- Users of email services that offer filtering/blocking of messages from unknown email address should add the email@example.com email address to their address list.
- We will be sending regular updates to the Mobile number you have provided in the registration form.This should not be treated as spam and no action should be taken against our bulk sms service provider.
- Any notice sent to the email address that is officially registered with the organizers shall be deemed as received by the runners.
- Please fill out only those fields that are necessary for mailing purposes. Do not provide redundant data in multiple fields (i.e., do not list the same data for city, province and country), as this will only complicate our ability to contact you, if necessary.
- You are aware that short/ long distance running is an extreme sport and can be injurious to body and health. You are hence advised to take full responsibility for participating in the PMI Pune Half Marathon event and do not hold the organizing committee, it’s members or entities responsible for any injury or accident.
- You shall consult your physician and undergo complete medical examination to assess your suitability to participate in the event.
- You also assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and the condition of the road, arson or terrorist threats and all other risks associated with a public event.
- You agree that PMI Pune Half Marathon event organisers (Prison Ministry India, Pune/Blue Brigade) shall not be liable for any loss, damage, illness or injury that might occur as a result of your participation in the event.
- You agree to abide by the instructions provided by the organizers on a regular basis in the best interest of your health and event safety.
- Age limit:
Half Marathon (21 KM) – 18 years on or before 13-Jan-2019
10 KM – 16 years on or before 13-Jan-2019
Fun Run (5 KM / 3KM) – Open to all
* Participants below 14 years of age must be accompanied by parents.
- You also agree to stop running if instructed by the Race Director, Medical Staff or by the Aid Station Volunteers.
- You confirm that name and media recordings taken during your participation may be used to publicize the event.
- Youacknowledge and agree that your personal information can be stored and used by PMI Pune Half Marathon or any other company in connection with the organization, promotion & administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.
- You confirm that, in the event of adverse weather conditions, major incidents or threats on the day, any of the force majeure or restriction by authority, the organizers reserve the right to stop/cancel/postpone the event. You understand that confirmed registrations and merchandise orders are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be modified.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any application without providing any reason. Amount collected from rejected applications alone will be refunded in full (excluding bank charges wherever applicable).
- I agree to abide by any decision of a race official with regard to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of officials to deny or suspend my participation for any reason, whatsoever.
- I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all rules of the race.
- Race day T-shirt, goodie bags and other items are complimentary. T-shirt sizes and quantities are ordered well in advance. While we take utmost care to get you the correct size, you acknowledge that the organizers will not be held responsible in case of shortage of any T-shirt size or other items.
- Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the event organisers and BlueBrigade team members and associated organisers and all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event. Even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
- For any reason if you don’t show up on the day of the race, no refund will be given.
- Townscript is only a service provider and is not responsible for the delivery of the event.
- If this registration is being made on behalf of a minor, I confirm that I am the parent / guardian of the child and that he/she has my permission to take part in the event. I further concur that all the above rules shall apply to him/her as if he/she were a major.
- Participants are advised to collect the running Bib in-person. For any reason, if the participant is unable to personally collect the Bib, he/she as a registered runner can authorize a representative to collect the Bib by giving a written consent to the organizer.
- Runners will not be allowed to stay on the course beyond the cut-off time considering safety and health issues.
We request total co-operation from runners in this regard.